The decision to get married is a great incentive to save and manage your financial situation. Because if you want to save money, for example, for a wedding or honeymoon or to buy a house, this economic management will be a very effective help for you and your future spouse in the not too distant future.
Wedding expenses are one of the most basic and at the same time the most stressful parts of the wedding that occupy the minds of all young brides and grooms. Everyone wants to have their wedding celebration in the best possible way and at the same time have the maximum savings in wedding expenses.
Saving on wedding expenses does not mean not enjoying this important event in life and making it seem insignificant. The goal of cost savings is to properly manage your budget and wedding expenses, which can bring a better start to your life together.
By managing wedding expenses, we mean spending wisely, and the following tips can help you do just that. To save money for a wedding, you first need to consider the cost of the event. In the following, we will recount the wedding expenses and ways to save it.
- Wedding venue:
Statistics show that the majority of wedding expenses (about 30%) are related to the cost of the ceremony and reception. So be more careful in choosing the garden or hall where your wedding party will take place. For example, if you have a small number of guests, why choose a large venue? Why not go for a smaller place? By choosing a smaller space, your guests will get closer to each other and will not be “lost” in the space of the hall.
This post contains affiliate links. Please please read my Disclaimer for more information.
Wedding invitation card:
Digital cards are very popular today and you can select the card you want with a Google search and send it to any of the guests. Digital cards are especially suitable for people who have guests from other cities and have to pay for postage to send the card. If you want to make an invitation card, go for simple designs because all the cards will be discarded after the wedding, so it is better not to pay extra for the card.
- The number of guests:
A large part of the wedding cost is related to the number of guests. For a large number of guests, you should also look for a larger hall that will certainly get more entrance and pay more for the reception. Shorten the guest list as much as possible; only list of top friends and relatives. This will save you money.
- Flower arrangements and wedding decorations:
Bridal car decorations, ballroom decorations, fireworks, etc. are not very expensive in appearance, but if they are put together, they can be very expensive. If you like your banknotes, try not to make emotional decisions. Some of these services, such as decorating the bride’s car, can be done at a lower cost.
For example, by removing some expensive flowers and replacing them with cheaper flowers or removing flowers that are not related to that season and choosing flowers that are more abundant in that season, you can reduce the cost of decorating the bride’s car.
- Wedding photography and videography:
Wedding photography and filming is another side cost. The number of printed photos, the size of the digital album, the number of cameras and other equipment, etc. may not cost much alone, but when combined, they will cost a lot. So try not to be emotional and order wisely.
As mentioned, the bride and groom should manage their wedding expenses list so that they can spend the days without worries and financial pressure. People who can realistically consider their cost list can save money and have a good event with the right action.
Save For A Wedding
More importantly, the habit of saving can greatly help your marital relationship and years of progress. And it will increase the feeling of satisfaction in you and the other party, and you no longer have to worry about your wedding expenses at the moment of decision-making.
Here Are Some Tips To help You Do Just That
Make a list of all your expenses. Most people do not know how much money they are spending each month or how much they think they are spending less than they really are. When you have a list of expenses in front of your eyes, it is easier to know what to do and what not to do.
- Loans: Especially long-term loans. This will not only increase your savings in the future but also increase your credit in the bank and the future; you will be able to take loans with lower interest rates and in longer installments, if you need to buy a house or a car.
- Eliminate unnecessary expenses, such as eating at a restaurant or coffee shop, buying a TV, cell phone, and clothing that you do not need. Keep in mind that over time, even small expenses can turn into a lot of money.
- Auction and sell items you do not need, online or through newspapers. Because it will save you some money for your wedding and you will have enough money for new furniture after your marriage.
- Open a bank account for yourself that has the highest interest and the lowest tax. While the stock market and other similar investments can be good for long-term investments, if you want to join the Married Jirga for less than a year, the best way is to open a current account.
- Put the money you want to put in the bank immediately and do not hesitate. You can also install a system that notifies you of your deposit online.
- Transfer any money that is in addition to your income to the same account immediately so that it is not spent.
If you do not usually pay much attention to your money, now is the time to focus. Be sure to consult with your partner about how to manage your money together, both for wedding expenses and at all stages of life. And when discussing, point out the specific ways you spend and save your money so that there is a mutual understanding in this regard as well.
“If you have any feedback about how to save for a wedding that you have tried out or any questions about the ones that I have recommended, please leave your comments below!”
NB: The purpose of this website is to provide a general understanding of personal finance, basic financial concepts, and information. It’s not intended to advise on tax, insurance, investment, or any product and service. Since each of us has our own unique situation, you should have all the appropriate information to understand and make the right decision to fit with your needs and your financial goals. I hope that you will succeed in building your financial future.